Use Open Banking/PSD2 for proximity payments with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or NFC.
Paying with our app means you don’t have to handle cash or credit cards when you pay in-person. All you need to do is is to use contactless Near Field Communication or Bluetooth BLE beacons when you pay.
Once the payment request is received through proximity, Open Banking/PSD2 APIs will be used to initiate request-to-pay payments.
Proximity payments are easy
Accepting touch-free payments is easy. Just follow these steps:
Have your buyer tap their phone up to your NFC contactless device, or just open the bankIO app if Bluetooth BLE beacons are used.
Have them confirm or enter the amount due and tap 'Send'. This will open the mobile application of their bank where they will give the consent for the payment initiation.
The app automatically generates a payment confirmation.
Any business could take advantage of proximity payments using Open Banking/PSD2:
- Supermarket chains
- Petrol stations
- Restaurants (customers could use bill splitting)
- Public transport
- Any other business or individual
bankIO’s payment ecosystem
Fast, safer and contactless
- You can pay any amount per transaction, with a single scan of your phone. You have to manually confirm each transaction with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
- We don’t need your card details. A mobile connection is required at the checkout, Open Banking/PSD2 APIs will be used to initiate the payment
- You can use any account from all your banks
- If you like, a default bank account can be configured to be always used for initiating the payments
- Your request-to-pay can only be used once - it can’t be copied or cloned.
- If you lose your phone or if it’s stolen, you can immediately lock your account.
- The app has two-factor authentication for additional security and is protected by PIN and fingerprint/face ID.
- To help keep you safe, we’ll sign you out of your account if you don’t use it for a while.
- You’ll get real time notifications every time you complete a payment so you can keep an eye on your account.
Collect loyalty points
- Never miss out loyalty campaigns from retailers again - simply bankIO’s Open Banking/PSD2 payment methods at the checkout to pay, and collect your loyalty points in one go.
- You can check your up to date loyalty points balance in the app.
- You can check your payment history on the Transactions page.
- You can keep track of how much you spend each month.