Paying with our app means you don’t have to handle cash or credit cards when you pay in-person. All you need to do is scan a seller’s QR code when you pay.
Once the barcode is scanned, Open Banking/PSD2 APIs will be used to initiate request-to-pay payments.
Barcode payments are easy
Accepting touch-free payments is easy, and there’s no need for hardware, software, or a card reader. Just follow these steps:
Have your buyer open the bankIO or camera app, tap 'Scan' and hold their phone up to your QR code.
Have them confirm or enter the amount due and tap 'Send'. This will open the mobile application of their bank where they will give the consent for the payment initiation.
The app automatically generates a payment confirmation.
Any business could take advantage of barcode payments using Open Banking/PSD2:
- Supermarket chains
- Petrol stations
- Restaurants (customers could use bill splitting)
- Public transport
- Any other business or individual
And it can work with a barcode displayed by your mobile
Scan a barcode displayed by your mobile at the point-of-sale and the Open Banking request-to-pay will be sent yo you instantly for confirming and authorising the transaction. This could be used by retailers at the point-o-sale without any new infrastructure required.
bankIO’s payment ecosystem
Fast, safer and contactless
- You can pay any amount per transaction, with a single scan of your phone. You have to manually confirm each transaction with Strong Customer Authentication (SCA)
- We don’t need your card details. A mobile connection is required at the checkout, Open Banking/PSD2 APIs will be used to initiate the payment
- You can use any account from all your banks
- If you like, a default bank account can be configured to be always used for initiating the payments
- Your request-to-pay can only be used once - it can’t be copied or cloned.
- If you lose your phone or if it’s stolen, you can immediately lock your account.
- The app has two-factor authentication for additional security and is protected by PIN and fingerprint/face ID.
- To help keep you safe, we’ll sign you out of your account if you don’t use it for a while.
- You’ll get real time notifications every time you complete a payment so you can keep an eye on your account.
Collect loyalty points
- Never miss out loyalty campaigns from retailers again - simply bankIO’s Open Banking/PSD2 payment methods at the checkout to pay, and collect your loyalty points in one go.
- You can check your up to date loyalty points balance in the app.
- You can check your payment history on the Transactions page.
- You can keep track of how much you spend each month.